Budget of £1000, non gamer, smallish space for the case to go into!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Is there a chart to do cumulative effect?
Those readings are of identical test systems built into those cases. So they're measurements of the noise with various other fans in there, not just the stock case fans. Obviously different components will give different results. But those tests are meant to be representations of how the cases handle noise and temps once a system is built into them, with all the heat and fan noise you'd expect.

More fans don't always = more noise. If the airflow in the case is better from having 2 case fans, for example, the CPU and GPU fans may have to work less hard through having better access to cooler air, and so will run slower and quieter.

Ultimately you're asking for a case that fits in a cupboard, takes a 5.25" internal drive, and makes the least noise possible while hopefully stopping your hardware from cooking. Your options are therefore pretty limited, with the Obsidian appearing to be the least noisy of the options fitting those criteria.

Is there a fitting that I could use to direct the exhaust air up and away from the back of the cupboard?
I'm not sure I know what you mean, but I don't think so short of turning the PC to point in a given direction.

The case does have additional fan mounting points.

If I Recall Correctly. i.e. I can't be bothered to go and check.

Last edited:

Jimfire

All I can say is THANK YOU. For your time and perseverance. I am a bit thick with all this type of technology and you have helped clear some of the fog. (I know in future I will only have to open the cupboard door and the fog will be sucked out faster than you can say 'how many fans?' ;) )
You put an awful lot of time into moderating the forum and I hope you get the respect you deserve as your knowledge is very impressive. Not to mention your ability to find stuff on the PCS website that doesn't even appear to the rest of us.

I'm just off to buy a new PC!

Jimfire

SO now I'm Back and have had to tweak the last quote due to market forces!!!

Case
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ AIR 540 GAMING CASE Can't find the 250D previously recommended.
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-8400 (2.8GHz) 9MB Cache
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370P D3: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready Can't find the Strix Z370-I
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 - DVI, HDMI, DP
1st Hard Disk
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3400MB/R, 2300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 12 to 14 working days
Quantity

Price £1,209.00 including VAT and delivery