Guidance on keyboards please:)

taillow

Okay, so iv had around 5 mechanical keyboards and all of them iv either sent back or sold. The reason for this is because keys such as the tab key, caps, shift, enter keys all seem to feel awful. Iv had high end keyboards, corsair, hyper x and Logitech and they all seem to have this problem. Basically the larger keys on any mechanical keyboard are actually stiff when they are clicked down on a certain spot ( usually the right of the key) It feel as if it is scraping down the side of the housing of the key. I f feel very uncomfortable, Again this happens on larger keys and actually effects my gameplay as sometime is wont press down cause it is too stiff. Iv had 4-5 keyboard now which have done this and has me to believe that all mechanical keyboard are like this? or am i just unlucky all of them seem to be dodgey. If anyone could help me by telling me if this is normal or not, and maybe a fix for it? im current using the Logitech g413 silver

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've got the Corsair K70 RGB and never had this issue myself. Also had the Razer Blackwidow and didn't experience this.

G

Gimpet

I personally use a Razer Black Widow Chroma v2 and have also never experienced the issue, however, it would seem unlikely that 4-5 keyboards you've previously bought all have this problem.

Syllo

Have you tried different kinds of switches?
G413 uses ROMER-G which are similar to Cherry Browns and are harder to press, have you tried Cherry MX Speed or Red?
Also it's possible to mix switches, use something lighter like MX Speeds for Tab, Shift, Enter etc and something heavier like browns for the rest of the keys, you would have to replace them yourself however.

If that doesn't help, I would suggest you to pay a visit to MechanicalKeyboards reddit, just google it and ask your question there :)

Last edited: