PLEASE HELP i have no idea about building pcs

LegateLanius

I have no idea how to build a computer nor do i have the time to search how to so i would like someone to send me a build. My budget is around £400 i would like a keyboard and mouse, the pc doesnt have to be anything special it just has to run games like fallout 3, new vegas and like team fortress 2 if its possible, if i could get a monitor that would be very helpful but not essential thanks guys PLEASE HELP.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have no idea how to build a computer nor do i have the time to search how to so i would like someone to send me a build. My budget is around £400 i would like a keyboard and mouse, the pc doesnt have to be anything special it just has to run games like fallout 3, new vegas and like team fortress 2 if its possible, if i could get a monitor that would be very helpful but not essential thanks guys PLEASE HELP.

You won’t get anything custom made at that price, second hand or console would be your best best if you have to stick to that budget.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
In fairness an off the shelf PC may well run those games since they'll run off integrated graphics (FONV is from 2010 IIRC, with FO3 being older still).

However, it would be a bad idea to get any PC (even if it advertises itself as a "gaming" PC) for that kind of cash, as it will struggle with/be unable to run more modern titles at all.

FO4 (2015) can run off integrated graphics especially with mods to help reduce performance demands, but many other games won't run on a £400 PC, whether custom or off-the-shelf. Nevermind what future titles like Fallout 5 or Elder Scrolls 6 will be like. Mods to help FO4 run on integrated graphics are really for people who already have a PC - it would be mad to get a PC with graphics so weak you had to then mod games that are 2-3 years old just to play them.

Console might be the best bet, if funds are tight and saving up further isn't an option.

Goozeman

I have a suggestion and it is using the new AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with onboard Vega Graphics.
Apparently it can run current AAA titles on the lowest settings and getting a frame rate between 30-60 fps.

I haven't read this 5 day old review yet:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-ryzen-3-2200-g-ryzen-5-2400g-review

The only downside is that it is £461 and the spec I've shown does not include mouse and keyboard.
This will add £15 more from Amazon or Ebay, £7 for keyboard and £7.50 for Microsoft optical mouse.
Other things to note is that it does not have a DVD drive (Case (£37) does not support internal drive) or even a decent AC wifi card (+£22) so this rig needs to hardwired to the router.

To upgrade performance in the future, you only have to add a graphics card and you will be running current AAA titles with even better frame rates on higher settings. The case chosen should allow most cards available.

Here's the spec:

Case: COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX MB600L CASE
Processor (CPU): AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Quad Core CPU with Vega Graphics (3.5GHz-3.7GHz/6MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard: ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s
Memory (RAM): 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card: INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU)
1st Hard Disk: 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive: NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply: CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable: 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling: STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste: STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card: ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking: 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The new Vega APUs are a good thought. But in all honesty the OP's probably still better off with a console :/ And I say that as a fully paid up member of the PC master race.

Unless they want games that are PC only ofc.

If they want PC only games and those games happen to have Linux support they could even drop Windows, making it much closer to £300.

Goozeman

For the games mentioned, a PC and a Steam account will be needed.
Along with Steam's seasonal offerings, the PC is the better value once games are factored in.
£2 for Insurgency, £5 for Counter-strike, these are just a couple of juicers from Steam's regular sales of literally 100's.

I am assuming this gamer wants to game... :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For the games mentioned, a PC and a Steam account will be needed.
Along with Steam's seasonal offerings, the PC is the better value once games are factored in.
£2 for Insurgency, £5 for Counter-strike, these are just a couple of juicers from Steam's regular sales of literally 100's.

I am assuming this gamer wants to game... :)

Fallout 3 and new vegas are both available on console and those would both perform much better on console than on the specs suggested even with the new on board graphics.

There's a fine balance between cheap gaming pc's and console for optimum experience. At this budget, console wins out because of a poor upgrade path and generally poor overall experience that makes PC gaming worthwhile over console.