Hello there

Richy1978

I currently have a Asus 1920x1080 monitor its a nice one but not enough for the new PC so i will be looking for a new one once i have saved up not sure if to go 2k or 4k do you have any recommendations ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I currently have a Asus 1920x1080 monitor its a nice one but not enough for the new PC so i will be looking for a new one once i have saved up not sure if to go 2k or 4k do you have any recommendations ?

Depends on your budget. I’d personally avoid 4K for now, think it’s a better experience with high refresh 2k

Richy1978

Well budget is an odd thing i can save as much as i need for the right monitor tbh but none the less always like value for money ;) but i would think for a decent 2k following your advise between 2k and 4k £300 to£500 would be reasonable

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well budget is an odd thing i can save as much as i need for the right monitor tbh but none the less always like value for money ;) but i would think for a decent 2k following your advise between 2k and 4k £300 to£500 would be reasonable

The dell in my signature is excellent value (around £550), I’d highly recommend it. It’s a 1440p 27” 144hz Gsync.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The faster refresh rate makes the gaming experience smoother and more responsive, due to the extra frames being displayed per second.

Also with a GTX 1080* you are often going to be getting more than 60fps even at 1440p, so the higher refresh rate will essentially 'unlock' some of the potential of your GPU that would otherwise go to waste on a 60hz screen.

1440p also means you get a lot more pixels, meaning a more detailed and sharper image.

Gsync synchronises your monitor's refresh rate to your GPU's frame output so that you avoid tearing, while also having much less input lag than vsync.

If you have the budget a 1440p 144hz gsync monitor will be an excellent pairing with a 1080.

* - I said a 1080 ti originally, whereas the Ultima has a 1080. But the point still stands.

Last edited:

Richy1978

Thank you for that it makes more sense to me now spyder tracks did recommend a very nice monitor to me i have started to look at many panels in the same price range its a bloody mine field out there good job it will be a good month or 2 before i can afford one time to look into it and see some comparisons and reviews