What do you do while waiting for PCS to build your Precious?

sebthi

Hello everyone.

I'm very pleased about the advice I got over in the Check This Spec forum. I've definitely got a much better build thanks to the suggestions there.

Last week I finally plucked up the courage, pressed the Big Red Order Button on the build (link: end of this thread) and saw c. £1300 disappear from my bank account.

My order is currently in Pre-Production... :sweatdrop:
I only refresh the page once a day. Honest. :sweatdrop:

No complaints, as the progress of order statuses is very clearly explained, and it's good to know that my Precious will go through thorough testing before being sent out.

But - what do you do while waiting?

(I'd play some games, but after my nice laptop finally died a few months ago I'm stuck with an ancient M370 Core i3 laptop which can just about manage Solitaire...
After being used to that, I think the GTX1060 is going to blow my mind :D).

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello everyone.

I'm very pleased about the advice I got over in the Check This Spec forum. I've definitely got a much better build thanks to the suggestions there.

Last week I finally plucked up the courage, pressed the Big Red Order Button on the build (link: end of this thread) and saw c. £1300 disappear from my bank account.

My order is currently in Pre-Production... :sweatdrop:
I only refresh the page once a day. Honest. :sweatdrop:

No complaints, as the progress of order statuses is very clearly explained, and it's good to know that my Precious will go through thorough testing before being sent out.

But - what do you do while waiting?

(I'd play some games, but after my nice laptop finally died a few months ago I'm stuck with an ancient M370 Core i3 laptop which can just about manage Solitaire...
After being used to that, I think the GTX1060 is going to blow my mind :D).

I created an alternative reality whilst I was waiting for my build. I managed to work out the secrets of time travel, so it only took a couple of weeks in standard time, but milennia had passed in "SpyderWorld". We've nailed time travel and world peace and are now looking to create our own sub species.

I guess you could read a book also, but it's not as fun.

sebthi

I created an alternative reality whilst I was waiting for my build. I managed to work out the secrets of time travel, so it only took a couple of weeks in standard time, but milennia had passed in "SpyderWorld". We've nailed time travel and world peace and are now looking to create our own sub species.

I guess you could read a book also, but it's not as fun.

;)
I hope the PCS build was still impressive when you got it? It would be a pity if you'd got used to the GTX999080XGTI cards which cost £5 in your alternative reality, so that the 1080 was a disappointment...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
;)
I hope the PCS build was still impressive when you got it? It would be a pity if you'd got used to the GTX999080XGTI cards which cost £5 in your alternative reality, so that the 1080 was a disappointment...

Actually we had no need for graphics cards as we developed a way to hone in on other dimensions and the afterlife. I got bored of that though and really enjoyed coming back to desktop gaming!