What to play first when new rig arrives

Richy1978

So my order is 4 days into pre production so still cant stop thinking of when it finally arrives and i get to have some fun question is not sure what to play/buy first!! so i put it to you what are you going to play or do with your orders when they arrived have you planed your time wisely ? sent your loved ones packing ? are you going to get some alone time with your newest squeeze what game will to lovingly embrace:D with the aid of your new beast ?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
What kind of thing are you into?

Witcher 3 GOTY if you like story-rich / fantasy / medieval RPGs.

Richy1978

Into most things game wise witcher 3 is a great game, though if i want to play that with hair effects i should have got 2 desktops. Enjoyed Destiny 2 for a bit and looking forwards to playing Anthem when its finally here love rpgs fallout 4 skyrim. But want to look for some thing new to play a little different maybe PUGB got any suggestions ?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As wibbly as hairworks is, a 1080 should handle it ;)

I don't really do multiplayer, especially PvP.

If you've not played FO4 and Skyrim with mods, enb/reshade etc, then you should do that as it will take the plastic, nasty nasty textures and washed out lighting of vanilla FO4 and turn it into something glorious, especially with a 1080 to power it. Oblivion can apparently look great with mods too, at least the environmentals.

Mad Max is very cinematic, and can be had cheap.

Far Cry Primal if you ever wanted to have a pet bear as a caveman and kill people with OP throwing spears. Also mammoths.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided if you can get it proper cheap. ok story and decent graphics. Deus Ex HR if you want a good Deus Ex game

Total War titles for strategy.

sebthi

I'll be upgrading from a temporary 2nd-hand laptop that can only just about handle games from 15 years ago. So I think I'm going to go a bit crazy... It helps that a friend up in Scotland knows everything about games these days, and will be sending me suggestions for things I just have to play.

The new Wolfenstein looks fun. Played some Assassin's Creed Origins on the PS4 which looks amazing. See if I can get one of the older Assassin's games, sidestepping Steam (whose business model I'd rather stay away from). Oh, and GTA5. Of course.

But the first thing I'll do is crack a beer after downloading (link) this. Super Turbo Championship Edition, of course. It'll hardly make the GTX1060 even wake up. But it'll look lovely in 1440p (if I succumb to temptation and buy that nice 1440p monitor...). I never knew that being a Mexican wrestler on a mission to save the world could be so much fun. Or so silly.

Last edited:

sebthi

I'd prefer neither of the above! GOG or Humblebundle. I realise that I'm going to see what's on offer, be tempted by the latest'n'greatest, and have to compromise occasionally...:surrender:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Humble games are mostly activated on steam. Sometimes you get a DRM free copy of the indie titles.

sebthi

GOG are having a sale at the moment, so I've built up a nice stash of games to download when my Precious finally arrives (still stuck in Pre-Production, for 6 working days now...).

Deus Ex
Grim Fandango
Guacamelee
Hollow Knight
Incredible Machines pack
LIMBO
Saints Row 3
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl
Witcher 1,2 and 3
and something bonkers called World of Goo..

:yes:

Last edited: