Proteus V 1070 Review

Aaronwhi

I've been looking at upgrading my current gaming rig for a while now but wanted the portability. The Proteus V has really delivered on that.

Initial purchase and setup:

The whole process kept me well informed from ordering to delivery (Ordered on Friday and was delivered the next Friday!). The package was secure and delivered within a day of production being completed. The machine was simple to setup and came with all drivers pre-installed including the control center used to control the RGB keyboard and trackpad (which is an extremely cool feature!). I did have one issue with the geforce drivers which required a reinstall but after that everything was great!

Gaming:

The GTX 1070 really did surprise me at how powerful it really is! I can run most modern games maxed at 1080p with ease, even managed 4k 30 fps on witcher 3. Still got plenty of games to test and play but my first impressions are good ones!

General Use:

Overall this laptop is great and extremely quick for general use. Hitting the power button to firing up a youtube video will take roughly 20 seconds (thanks to the m.2 ssd).

Cannot recommend this laptop enough for someone looking for a powerful premium feel laptop without paying a premium price ! I look forward to using my new laptops!

Specs:

i7 7700HQ
GTX 1070
16GB Ram
2tb sshd
250gb ssd

PROS:

Great For Gaming
Cooling is fantastic
RGB keyboard is awesome feature
Battery Life is good for a gtx 1070 + i7 combo

CONS:

Nothing major, fans can get loud under heavy usage but nothing that isnt expected

img_3.jpegimg_2.jpegimg_1.jpeg