Mark all forums read

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This thought occurred to me just now, and since I don't know how the forum software works I thought I ask here....

The way I use these fora is to click the 'New Posts' menu item to get a list of all new posts since the last time I visited. Because I look at every post (I'm a moderator so I'm supposed to) and often reply to many of them (sometimes at length) it can be an hour or more before I get to the end of those posts. Having done I click the 'Mark Forums Read' menu item and move on to something else.

What happens if somebody posts after I have clicked the 'New Posts' menu and got my list of posts, but before I click the 'Mark Forums Read' menu item? Are these new posts (which I haven't seen) marked as read also, or is it only the ones in my new posts list?

Can anyone enlighten me?

steaky360

I got confused about which post you were referring to when reading your post about posts...

I tend to just click on the new posts message and just read through the ones I can, responding when I've got something sensible to say.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got confused about which post you were referring to when reading your post about posts...

I tend to just click on the new posts message and just read through the ones I can, responding when I've got something sensible to say.

This is the way I do it too... but to answer your question, I believe if you were to pick "mark all posts as read" it would clear the entire forum, not just the ones listed at that time.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above, pretty sure it marks the whole lot read.

I don't use the button however, as I only really look at the New Posts page (and the moderator queue).