FFXV demo out now

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

I’ve never quite gotten over the impact of Final Fantasy vii, amazing game on all counts. I clung on to the franchise for a little while longer but it never managed to catch up.

FFXV has had me interested again. From the reviews and videos it looks to capture some of that old story telling that I miss so much, and the graphics look simply stunning!

It does appear to need a fair amount of grunt to get the most out of it. The download size for the full game is 100Gb!!! That’s all graphics packs as far as I can tell!

Anyway, for those of you that are interested you can download the first chapter which is around 20Gb now to test it on your system before release date on 6th March.

It’s available via Steam, just search for final fantasy XV and it’ll list the demo

Love to hear your thoughts on it if you do play it.

Dayve

The problem I have with all new Final Fantasy games is...

Final Fantasy 7 was without a doubt the best game in all of history, and Final Fantasy 9 was verrrrrry very close to being just as good as 7 - not quite as good but still masterpiece-level work.

So here's my problem with Final Fantasy games...... none of them can ever measure up anymore. The series peaked hard with 7 and 9. It's kinda like watching Prometheus and Alien: Covenant. As standalone movies they could be considered quite good, but they made them a part of the Alien franchise so naturally I'm going to compare them to Alien and Aliens, two of the best movies ever made. And they just don't measure up!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The problem I have with all new Final Fantasy games is...

Final Fantasy 7 was without a doubt the best game in all of history, and Final Fantasy 9 was verrrrrry very close to being just as good as 7 - not quite as good but still masterpiece-level work.

So here's my problem with Final Fantasy games...... none of them can ever measure up anymore. The series peaked hard with 7 and 9. It's kinda like watching Prometheus and Alien: Covenant. As standalone movies they could be considered quite good, but they made them a part of the Alien franchise so naturally I'm going to compare them to Alien and Aliens, two of the best movies ever made. And they just don't measure up!

I really get what you're saying, and totally agree with you on the Alien films also :)

I've just finished the Demo (first chapter), really rinsed it, it's actually not that long, but I wandered and pretty much spoke to everyone in the game. It's got a huge familiarity to it, more so than any since 9, and once you've completed it it's got a little cinematic synopsis of the game content and MY GOD it looks AWESOME.

Story appears very rich, gameplay graphics are very nice, cut scenes (more importantly) are breathtaking, couple of times where I thought it was filmed. The mechanics are very much the same since 9, although a little more 3rd person than pure RPG which suited the play-style. Totally familiar upgrades and power ups. CHOCOBO's!!! All the old Summons from FFVII which I just love.

Performance-wise, it does take some juice if you want all singing all dancing. On my rig outlined below (nothing overclocked) with all settings maxxed including Hairworks and Groundworks etc etc at 1440p I was averaging around 60 - 70 FPS in game. With GSYNC it was smooth as butter, the game's not really fast enough to particularly warrant high frames imho.

I went straight ahead and bought it.... I mean christ, it's only £35! For the amount of work and size of a game like this compared to one of EA's same-old-same-old at £60, that's incredibly good value.

I'm going to install the 4k res packs also and see what I can get out of it with things like Hairworks turned off.

For any fans, I would recommend giving the demo a shot.

Dayve

I really get what you're saying, and totally agree with you on the Alien films also :)

I've just finished the Demo (first chapter), really rinsed it, it's actually not that long, but I wandered and pretty much spoke to everyone in the game. It's got a huge familiarity to it, more so than any since 9, and once you've completed it it's got a little cinematic synopsis of the game content and MY GOD it looks AWESOME.

Story appears very rich, gameplay graphics are very nice, cut scenes (more importantly) are breathtaking, couple of times where I thought it was filmed. The mechanics are very much the same since 9, although a little more 3rd person than pure RPG which suited the play-style. Totally familiar upgrades and power ups. CHOCOBO's!!! All the old Summons from FFVII which I just love.

Performance-wise, it does take some juice if you want all singing all dancing. On my rig outlined below (nothing overclocked) with all settings maxxed including Hairworks and Groundworks etc etc at 1440p I was averaging around 60 - 70 FPS in game. With GSYNC it was smooth as butter, the game's not really fast enough to particularly warrant high frames imho.

I went straight ahead and bought it.... I mean christ, it's only £35! For the amount of work and size of a game like this compared to one of EA's same-old-same-old at £60, that's incredibly good value.

I'm going to install the 4k res packs also and see what I can get out of it with things like Hairworks turned off.

For any fans, I would recommend giving the demo a shot.

I think I'll give it a try. Not the demo, I'll just buy the full game.