Smart TV or gaming monitor

woodzy

Hi guys, ive been out of the gaming world for several years & ive just recently got back into it. I`m currently runing a PC that been built for me with a Geforce GTX 1080 card in which i`m running with a Sharp Aquos smart TV.
My question is: Is this good to use as a monitor for the likes of COD WWII or should i be using a descent gaming monitor.

Thanks in advance

woodzy

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you mean for competitive gaming, then a high refresh rate monitor with a low response time is best. If your gaming is fairly casual a TV is more than fine.

jerpers

Master
I did the same. Was playing on my LG OLED TV. It is perfectly fine for big open world games such as Assassins creed. They look beautiful in 4k. I found it not so great for FPS games so got a proper gaming monitor and much prefer playing on that albeit on a considerably smaller screen.

woodzy

Ok, thanks guys.....Just what i thought, lol.

So, next question. What would you recommend? Think i might be able to push the wife into letting me spend about £300, was also think about dual monitors

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
For competitive shooters, any 1080p 144hz monitor. Something like the AOC G2460PF. These are ually around £200.

You can get any cheap 24" 1080p monitor to use as your off-screen. Or the TV if that's practical.