New video editing desktop - help needed with spec

pinklion

I need a computer that I can put a firewire card in as I have an old camcorder that I want to transfer tapes from and usb is no longer supported for that model. I prefer laptops but think it needs to be desktop this time to get the firewire. I want something that will handle amateur video editing and will also be used for office admin tasks, I'm not a gamer. One thing that is driving me mad currently is the amount of time it takes to backup video files to external disks. I've got a NAS box and several old hard drives which I need to transfer stuff around on so I'm hoping a more powerful pc will improve that, might be wrong! I considered going for RAID but I think that might give me a false sense of security about everything being backed up. Because if someone steals my computer they get everything including my backups. If the desktop can back up faster then I'm thinking it would make more sense to backup to an external drive and keep it elsewhere. I have also got loads in the cloud but again it takes ages to transfer anything. I've been trying to put specs together but going over my budget which is max. £1500 including the monitor. I really don't want to spend even that much if I don't have to. I don't need any additional software other than Windows 10 professional. Can anyone help advise on the key elements I need to ensure I put into the spec or suggest an example spec? The pc will have to live in the living room so quiet would be good.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

pinklion

Video editing desktop spec

Hi

I'm looking for a new desktop for amateur video and photo editing using Cyberlink Powerdirector and Photoshop Elements plus basic office stuff. I won't be using the machine for gaming. My main issue is I want it to produce videos faster than what I can at the moment and backup faster to drives. Is there anything in this spec that is overkill for what I need? Any tips or opinions? Thanks.

Case
COOLERMASTER K350 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.0GHz/19MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® STRIX B350-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.0, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Hard Disk
250GB Samsung 850 2.5" EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
4TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Hyper 212X (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
1x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Firewire
2 Port IEEE 1394a Firewire PCI-E Card (2 x 6 pin)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on DVD
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Quantity

Price £1,517.00 including VAT and delivery

pinklion

I've just posted a spec in Check this spec. I'll link to that when the post is approved so I'm not running two threads on the same topic. I couldn't see a delete button.