Intel and Nvidia

Ikjaric

Hi Guyz.... my laptop runs on optimus both Intel and nVidia but only Intel is recognized ....tried installing drivers from nvidia site still the same....my laptop is from Clevo co.. saw a thread where i was told to try installing it from there site
would it work?
would nvidia control panel come up....because it never had since i used win7

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
What's the full spec of your laptop?

When you say the Nvidia GPU isn't recognised, what is the context? Are you trying to run games and they fail to launch, or what?

Ikjaric

System Manufacturer: CLEVO CO.
System Model: W35_37ET
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/02/12 11:11:20 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6032MB RAM

i use win 7
nvidia cant update....so games use Intel instead

Ikjaric

i did that....still nothing
can my windows be the problem?
formally....with win8 it came up on control panel...but have a little problem so i went back to win7

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
i did that....still nothing
can my windows be the problem?
formally....with win8 it came up on control panel...but have a little problem so i went back to win7

What 'little problem' did you have with Windows 8? And was in Windows 8 or Windows 8.1? Did your NVIDIA card work ok with Windows 8/8.1?

jr88

Download 10 dude....

Well got the Supermico z270 on the bench jumped and running for now. all looks good had to raise some voltages for no more BSOD but other than that good deal. and a few other working boards too

so pretty set man.

Ikjaric

Was not used to the diversity of win 8....so i opted to win7
NVIDIA just came up on win 8 but not on win 7

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Was not used to the diversity of win 8....so i opted to win7
NVIDIA just came up on win 8 but not on win 7

In that case I would strongly recommend going back to Windows 8 (actually you should be running 8.1) because it's not impossible that Windows 7 can't fully support that card, modern laptops don't natively support Windows 7 in any case.

Rather than try to make an out of date and aged operating system work with modern hardware you're better off getting used to the operating system for which it was designed. It would even be worth migrating to Windows 10, though I don't think there is a free upgrade path for you now. The Windows 10 UI is much more configurable than Windows 8 and if you like the Windows 7 menu style you'll soon get used to the Windows 10 menu. Windows 10 is a much better operating system than Windows 8 and far superior to Windows 7.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
1) If it's working and all you're missing if Geforce Experience, it might be worth thinking about quitting while you're ahead. Obviously you should be able to have Geforce Experience as an option but it might be worth sticking with what you have if the main part is working.

2) You might want to create a system image using free software such as Macrium Reflect. So if there's ever a problem down the line you can just reload the image with the working configuration.
Make sure to backup files separately going forward too

3) You could try an older version of Geforce Experience: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ience-back-to-v2-11-4-0-and-block-the-update/
People have been choosing to do this not usually for hardware reasons but to avoid the Nvidia sign-in.

But I suggest making a system image before making further changes to software and drivers.