Online films with wifi problem

daydreamer

Hello!

My problem is that I cant watch online films through wifi in the dormitory.

I've just moved rooms (in the same building) and since then when I want to watch a video on openload/vidto/etc. it says the internet cant be reached when I click on the link leading to the video (on a hungarian site specialized to online series). From then I cant reach any other websites, it says the same and that the DNA provider doesnt reply. Then I have to reset the router to have the wifi work again.

Funny thing is everything works fine if I connect via cable/to other wifi in the building.

My router is DS-Link wr150n, i use win10. Can I have it work properly again?

Thank you.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I understand that you're using WiFi to connect from your laptop and that you apparently have your own router and can connect via cable, so does this mean that your dormitory has Ethernet access and you plug your router into that? Or, does the dormitory have it's own WiFi and your connecting to that?

The key here is that you changed rooms, so the electronic environment has changed and the radio interference environment has changed. WiFi is VERY sensitive to radio interference, even a flaky fluorescent light can interfere with WiFi (as can an arcing light switch - it took me weeks to find that one!). If the dorm is Ethernet wired and you plug in your own router, the first thing to check is that your router is not using a congested channel. Download inSSIDer3 (free) from https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html, that will do a site survey and show you all the WiFi hotspots your laptop can see. Ensure that the channel your router uses does not overlap with many others, especially others that have strong signals or are physically close by. Channels 1, 6, and 11 are almost always very congested (I'll explain why if you want to know) but any channel is as good as any other. Find the channel that has the least other hotspots using it and change your router config to use that channel.