Linux on Recoil ll

sonik14

Try to turn the lights off in windows with game center app. If you turn this switch off, then it turns off in ubuntu too (at least for me)

snookrun

Anyone here encounter any wake from suspend issue? This issue occurs quite erratically, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I have no clue where to start the debug process. Ubuntu 18.04.
Right I installed the gnome extensions "Suspend Button" and use that to do the suspend instead of using the power button. Seems to work most of the time as compared to pressing the power button.

in.flames

Anyone here encounter any wake from suspend issue? This issue occurs quite erratically, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Same here with Ubuntu 19.04, it seems that the suspend triggered when you close the lid works better. I thought it might be a problem with the wifi driver because at the beginning I was getting this error:
"iwlwifi bios contains wgds but not wrds"
so I disable any wifi before suspend, no luck

So far the biggest issues for me are:

-Backlight of the keyboard not working. It stays blue all the time even when suspended.
-Suspension. Not reliable
-The NVIDIA driver renders worst GNOME than the Intel one :rolleyes:
-The computer doesn't recognize a screen connected by HDMI

It is pretty usable in general but the problems with the suspension and keyboard will make me install windows on the side.

snookrun

Same here with Ubuntu 19.04, it seems that the suspend triggered when you close the lid works better. I thought it might be a problem with the wifi driver because at the beginning I was getting this error:
"iwlwifi bios contains wgds but not wrds"
so I disable any wifi before suspend, no luck

So far the biggest issues for me are:

-Backlight of the keyboard not working. It stays blue all the time even when suspended.
-Suspension. Not reliable
-The NVIDIA driver renders worst GNOME than the Intel one :rolleyes:
-The computer doesn't recognize a screen connected by HDMI

It is pretty usable in general but the problems with the suspension and keyboard will make me install windows on the side.

Last update:
- to change backlight, you need to boot into windows, change it and then go back into Linux OS. The drivers are only available in windows
- Installing NVIDIA driver had solved most of the suspend issue.
- HDMI work and I had tested it. Plug and Play.
- I also get this error "iwlwifi bios contains wgds but not wrds". This error is stopping me from waking up from suspend. Seems to be a Ubuntu 19.04 issue. Still searching for a fixed only.

ricsim283

Anyone finding this looking for backlight support for linux on Vyper laptops, and I suspect the Recoil also;

The instructions there are a bit out of date. I did;
git clone https://github.com/rodgomesc/avell-unofficial-control-center.git
cd avell-unofficial-control-center
sudo python3 setup.py install