What's App: System Restore Issues

staree

My Google Pixel phone has been playing up recently, (no surprises there!). The other week, I had everything backed up - system restored - all worked fine... The issues started creeping in again, so I took the same steps. However, What's App only returned the group messages and nothing else, so my What's App was pretty much empty.

I am not sure how to get to a previous backup, before yesterday. I've been onto What's App and their reply was as useful as a chocolate fireguard!

ANY help and direction would be very much appreciated!

Thank you x

ragnar28

I love google, more specifically i hate apple, but you want advice drop the pixel phone i had one, also lost my whatsapp to it. It seems the whole android world has gone to ... since lollipop. You an try dig in the phones hidden system files for any backups, you may find something there.

ragnar28

Quite ironic, it happened to me again and i though of this thread. It happened on my samsung this time, and it was after a android update as the phones android system was outdated, the permissions turned whatsapp and the backup service off, i had to do some scratching which made me go to the play store and "reinstall" it after which it just said activate since the application was already there, i could find no way to activate it from the phone itself. None the less, my chat history was gone.

ragnar28

I know whatsaap often prompts you to backup for example 2 day 4 days ect. Though I have never chosen the option is this a on device backup sd card or somewhere on the memory or a cloud type backup ? I mean I just had another wipe on a completely different phone. There was a issue with the android system booting up.