Help with Crossfire setup pls

Menfax

Hello everyone,

These are some of my pc specs. I wonder if this pc supports crossfire, and I need your advice, as I am not too good at technical issues.

Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight Core CPU (3.4GHz-3.8GHz/20MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard ASUS® STRIX B350-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.0, 6Gb/s)
Graphics Card 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

Is this pc good for purchasing a second 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 and use it in a crossfire config? If yes, what else do I need besides a second graphics card?

Many thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello everyone,

These are some of my pc specs. I wonder if this pc supports crossfire, and I need your advice, as I am not too good at technical issues.

Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight Core CPU (3.4GHz-3.8GHz/20MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard ASUS® STRIX B350-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.0, 6Gb/s)
Graphics Card 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

Is this pc good for purchasing a second 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 and use it in a crossfire config? If yes, what else do I need besides a second graphics card?

Many thanks!

You can't SLI 1060's, they're not SLI compatible.

Menfax

well, whenever I play games, my gpu usage is usually around 95% - 97% . so I was thinking that a second gpu my take the load off my graphic card

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
well, whenever I play games, my gpu usage is usually around 95% - 97% . so I was thinking that a second gpu my take the load off my graphic card

Just because it’s using the full power doesn’t mean it’s maxxed out particularly, they’re designed to put as much power as possible. There’s nothing wrong with that, totally normal.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above, depending on the game you actually want your GPU to be at high load.

There's no point having a £250 GPU if you only play Far Cry 4 at lowest settings and 720p resolution in order to keep the load down. You want the settings to be as high as possible while still giving you playable framerates, so that you're enjoying what your GPU has to offer :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have two 680's.
They were great a few years back, but nowdays they are very lacking compared with new gpu's. Even one modern GPU is considerably stronger than both my 680's.
I also find that newer games are not very well optimised for older GPU's especially in SLI. And I have quite a few games that dont support SLI at all, which is somewhat annoying.

In the future I will be sticking with one single card, and upgrading said card maybe every other generation.
I wouldnt advise SLI or Crossfire.