Connecting an Sky Hub 2 router to my Home Hub 5 to extend WiFi

PreacherZ01

Not sure if people on this forum can help me at all, but as title says; wanting to extend my home Hub WiFi with a Sky Hub but what I’ve been finding on google either makes no sense or doesn’t work, has anyone ever managed to pair these two together and have it working and what did you do?
Cheers
- Arron

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not sure if people on this forum can help me at all, but as title says; wanting to extend my home Hub WiFi with a Sky Hub but what I’ve been finding on google either makes no sense or doesn’t work, has anyone ever managed to pair these two together and have it working and what did you do?
Cheers
- Arron

You won't be able to. The Sky Hub is a router, not a repeater and will only work in conjunction with Sky hardware. You would need a third party extender or access point.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
You won't be able to. The Sky Hub is a router, not a repeater and will only work in conjunction with Sky hardware. You would need a third party extender or access point.

Well it kind of depends.

I don't know that specific model from Sky but if you are after creating a wireless mesh (that is one where the device connects to the WiFi network wirelessly itself then boosts said coverage) then Spyder is bang on - you need a completely different device.

However, if you can connect it by cable, AND login to the Sky device to change the settings it's possible.

One example non-Sky specific) is here http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/netw...ange-increase-speed-and-fix-problems/page/0/5