Want to sell old drives, how do I wipe them?

I have 2 ssds and 2 hdds from my old pc that I want to sell off.

How do I install these into the new pc (the old one is gone now) and then securely delete all the data on them?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have 2 ssds and 2 hdds from my old pc that I want to sell off.

How do I install these into the new pc (the old one is gone now) and then securely delete all the data on them?

Just attach them with a SATA data cable and data power cable, then you’ll see the drive in windows, right click it and format.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you're looking to sell the drives then you will want to run something like DBAN on the HDDs. Not the SSDs as they don't store data the same way

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Just attach them with a SATA data cable and data power cable, then you’ll see the drive in windows, right click it and format.

Alas, a format doesn't do anything to actually delete the data and it can be trivially recovered.

Products such as DBAN genuinely destroy data by performing multiple overwrites - usually with zeros, ones and random patterns over so many passes that your original data is unrecoverable.

I've always been a fan of Killdisk as it is DOD compliant (or was, at least - it's been a while).

Interestingly, and going slightly off on a tangent, no software products are suitable or certified anymore in secure environments. Degauss and destroy (as in industrial shredding) are the only approved "wiping" methods.