Posting links to other forums

damole

Silver Level Poster
Hi

There is a thread on another forum that relates to a bare bones models PCS is also selling, it has a lot of useful information. Am I allowed to put it in a post? I can't see anything in the rules explicitly disallowing it, it's not a competitor's forum.

steaky360

If it isn't a competitors forum then (in my opinion) it is most likely not against the forum rules, on that basis I don't see it as being a problem. If one of the other mods see's the link (or I do) and disagree with that assessment, we'll just edit it out.

Appreciate you asking first though :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If it isn't a competitors forum then (in my opinion) it is most likely not against the forum rules, on that basis I don't see it as being a problem. If one of the other mods see's the link (or I do) and disagree with that assessment, we'll just edit it out.

Appreciate you asking first though :)

I agree with Steaky, can’t see it being an issue if it’s about a PCS build.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Agreed with the above.

Also, I'm sure there are occasions where linking to a competitor website's forum would be fine. Linking to a topic discussing the merits of a Dell 1234 probably wouldn't be okay. Linking to a topic on the Dell website that explains how to set your PC's power plan to High Performance and disable PCIe link state power management would probably be fine.