Adata SX6000 M.2

PAF

Hi all. I've posted a spec for general comments in the check my spec forum, mentioning I plan to run Linux. I went with a conventional SATA SSD for price and simplicity, but someone has suggested the above.

Reading the forums suggest there can be issues installing Linux to a M.2/PCIe card. Has anyone any experience? Speed is nice but not a huge issue for me.

Thanks.

Stephen M

Author Level
I have not had a problem with M2 drives using 'nix, you should be OK with one, although depending on your budget I would go with one of the high speed Samsung M2s.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Funny you should ask. I saw this drive yesterday evening and went looking for benchmarks. The first / only set I found in my brief search were on Phoronix: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=adata-xpg-sx6000&num=1
In my testing of the ADATA XPG SX6000 the past two weeks, it's been working out fine. No issues to speak of and the performance is good but understandably not as great as the higher-end solid-state drives. This drive has been working out fine with Ubuntu Linux. I tested this NVMe 1.2 M.2 SSD against a range of other NVMe and SATA 3.0 2.5-inch SSDs.