Total noob to pc gaming... 1st laptop build

Pye1903

Hey folks how we all doing.. as the title says im totally new to pc/laptop gaming(been on xbox since i was 13).. was getting fed up and alot of my mates are all on steam etc and have gaming niggt where im left out so i played about woth my finances and bought the following.. comments welcome.. please to be too harsh hahah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180604-223117_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180604-223117_Samsung Internet.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_20180604-223127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180604-223127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 169

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you already bought it, it might be a bit late for comments :)

I would have strongly suggested trying to get a laptop with a GTX 1050 ti. e.g. the Optimus IX, or if that's too expensive the Vyper, or even the Optimus VIII with a GTX 1050 ti. Although the i5 7300HQ in the Optimus VIII isn't as good as the i5 8300H, that doesn't really matter because almost all games will have their performance limited far more by the GPU than the CPU.

A 17.3" Optimus VIII with a 1050 ti would be £60-70 less expensive than a Cosmos with a 1050, while offering ~30% better gaming performance.

Since you can't upgrade the GPU in a laptop you want to get the best GPU you can realistically afford - because once the GPU is too weak to play the future games you want at the settings you want, you need to buy a whole new system. Unlike a desktop PC where you can usually just swap out the graphics card.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's poor value versus an Optimus VIII. If you can cancel your order and go for that instead, you should do so. It will cost less, perform better, and last you longer into the future. That would be a better place to start in my opinion :)