Please help: Recoil II VS Optimus IX (15.6)

wuwu1019

As the title suggests, I am trying to choose one between these two. The configurations and prices are almost identical. I think that I already know what I want for the internal hardware, so I just want to choose one that may provide a little edge, eg, temperature control. Cooling is actually very important to me, so a cooler system will definitely win my vote.

As for the use of my computer, it's mostly for production purpose, as opposed to gaming, since I am not really a game enthusiastic. It will mostly be (other than web browsing and watching movies) data processing, matlab and python programming, and some photoshop, audio/video editing.

BTW, although I said that I am quite confident with my configuration to fit my needs, I am open to any suggestions. (Except for one maybe: I don't need extra room for hard drive. I have a 1T portable already, and a 500G Samsung 960 EVO for this laptop will break my budget. If I have to, I would rather spend the money on GTX 1060 for light-weight machine learning when I am on the go.)

THANK YOU SO MUCH, and wish you all a very nice weekend!!!

Configuration: (£1143 for Recoil II, £1135 for Optimus IX)
i7 8750H
16G RAM 2400MHz
Nvidia Geforce 1050 Ti (may push it to 1060)
250Gb Samsung 970 EVO
(the rest are mostly default or not really important I think)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The Recoil is lighter. The screen is 60hz rather than 144hz on the Optimus, but if you're not gaming you may not care a jot about that. The recoil does get good reviews for temps from what I've seen on tech websites and on this forum. The 1060 could also be useful for video editing, depending on the software.