3yo PC suddenly boot looping

bluenorangecat

I got a pcs PC three just over three years ago and only ever experienced minor problems, yesterday however it started boot looping sometimes I can make it to the bios and sometimes it will make it to POST perfectly fine, but but it mostly restarts before making it that far, I tried swapping the CMOS battery in hope of a quick fix, tried to load it up and went through a automatic repair and diagnosis (I assume this is a automatic windows thing after the CMOS battery was replaced) no problems were diagnosed, and then it died again. I bought a psu tester to see if my psu is the problem, however all my power cables are hidden behind the motherboard. I'm kind of technically minded but have very little experience, and don't want to ruin an expensive computer by fiddling with the motherboard/cpu just to test the psu, can anyone offer any advice? Specs and pic below:
Case COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4690 (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard: ASUS® Z97-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE

Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960
1st Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry 3 Fan Controller
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ FX OEM
Wireless Networking: WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI CARD
TV Card: HAUPPAUGE QUAD TUNER HYBRID TV CARD (WinTV-NOVA-HVR-4400)
Operating System: windows 10 64 Bit

9gawsn.jpg

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Is this a PCS built PC?

If it sometimes won't complete POST then it's likely you have developed some flaky hardware. I would check that all cards are properly seated (pop them out and back in) also check that all connectors are secure. It might be worth trying to boot from a DVD or USB stick (the Windows installation media or a Linux distro) just in case the problem is on your hard disk.

If none of that helps, and if this is a PCS built PC, then I'd give PCS a call.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would check the RAM sticks, load a memtest x86 onto a bootable USB and run it from boot.

I had similar symptoms recently and one of my RAM modules was a little loose (had knocked it loose when cleaning the pc). Just needed to reseat it.