VR pc build advice

JonnyBreeze2003

Hello,

In the simplest way possible i am looking to build or buy a pc for VR. The VR I hope to be doing is sim racing and in the future i may want to branch out if there are any good options. I want it to be as cheap as possible but powerful enough to handle VR. I have never built a pc before which is why i am asking on here. I know the basic items e.g. processor, motherboard, ram, coolers, ssd ect. but i have no idea how powerful all these items would be when put together. I feel that with youtube tutorials i could easily put it together so no worries about that.

Many thanks,
Jonny

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've deleted you're other two threads with the same content. New member's posts are auto-moderated and you need to wait for a volunteer mod to release them.

Unfortunately since PCS sell custom-built PCs and laptops we can't offer advice on home builds. You might get better help on a more general forum like Tom's Hardware. :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you want to consider a custom build from PCS, you can always post your budget and requirements (just the PC, or any peripherals? Windows needed? What are you using it for? What VR setup? etc) and people can post asvice.

polycrac

Rising Star
I got my PC from PCS, years ago, for VR use. It's done well, but it has been starting to struggle. Developers are now keeping in mind more advanced headsets (like the Vive pro) which call on your graphics card to drive even more pixels. Even before that hit the market, I was struggling with some games. I remember downloading Nvidia funhouse and finding I struggled, even on the lowest settings with my 970. Originally, the 970 was the baseline graphics card requirement. I think now they have updated to the new range and most list the 1060 as the new minimum.

My advice would be to come in above that - i.e. a 1070 or 1060ti if you only plan on using the basic Vive or Rift. If you want to get the Vive pro, one of the higher res Windows mixed reality sets (or even think you might upgrade in time) then a 1070 ti or a 1080 is a good idea. If you have other VR questions just ask. I have a Vive (about to upgrade to the Vive pro) and Hololens of my own (well, through work really). I've used the Rift on occasions, but not often - others on the forum might be better to ask about that.