Defiance P950HR micro not working at all

galeri

Microphone

This has driven me a series of frustration recently. My microphone just does not work at all, I plugged in an external iphone headphone and it does not work either. The only chance I can get a very little of voice is to scream extremely loud into my headphone (not the microphone part, the actual headphone).
Update: I called PC speciallist, nothing major though, they will take care of it, could be just a software issue.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This has driven me a series of frustration recently. My microphone just does not work at all, I plugged in an external iphone headphone and it does not work either. The only chance I can get a very little of voice is to scream extremely loud into my headphone (not the microphone part, the actual headphone). Other than that, both internal, external microphone just does not respond.
I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, nothing changed. Disabled the driver in Device Manager, still nothing. Installed a fresh windows, still dead. I wonder if the problem comes from my sound card? Or the mic part which lays next to the camera. Like I said, the only chance I can get a tiny voice is to scream into the headphone.
Anyone got similar problem?

An iPhone headset won’t work in a pc as it’s a 3pin jack, the pc only supports a 2 pin jack.

galeri

Have you installed the Clevo Control Centre software (also known as Hotkey)? You can get it from the Clevo download site at http://clevo.com/clevo_down.asp?lang=en, to save you some time the Control Centre download for your model is at http://clevo.com/en/e-services/download/ftpout_download.asp?sno=9071&no=1.
Hi, Yes the control centre was installed when the problem appears. I actually thought it was the problem, so I installed a new windows without control centre but it still not working.

An iPhone headset won’t work in a pc as it’s a 3pin jack, the pc only supports a 2 pin jack.
Even the internal microphone was not working either :(

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Even the internal microphone was not working either :(

Bear in mind though that you were never testing an external microphone - when you plugged your iphone headphones in, there was no microphone connection, so what you were actually shouting into was your laptop mic.

You could try a different headset - USB, bluetooth or one that has a separate mic and headphone connector. If that works, then the chances are good that you have a faulty laptop mic.