can i overclock

jeffside

Also if it is not suitable for overclocking can you inform me whether the motherboard is good for gaming (e.g pubg, fortnite,rainbow six) or do i need a better motherboard so that the parts can deliver better performance

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The H110 series of motherboards doesn't support overclocking. Z170 or Z270 would. But it's not worth upgrading the motherboard just for that. The motherboard is basically irrelevant to gaming performance to the H110m-r is as good as the next in terms of your framerate.

I vaguely recall you posting your prospective spec a while ago and ignoring the advice you got.

So I offer the above advice with some trepidation...

jeffside

The H110 series of motherboards doesn't support overclocking. Z170 or Z270 would. But it's not worth upgrading the motherboard just for that. The motherboard is basically irrelevant to gaming performance to the H110m-r is as good as the next in terms of your framerate.

I vaguely recall you posting your prospective spec a while ago and ignoring the advice you got.

So I offer the above advice with some trepidation...

I know we have had a few beefs over the years. But thank you this helps. Just to confirm mobo has no affect on performance unless u can overclock.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Correct. And overclocking can often have next to no impact on framerate too, depending on the game.

If motherboards have different gaming performance, it would perhaps be down to different BIOS versions. E.g. when AMD Ryzen CPUs came out last year, some asus boards posted better gaming results than Gigabyte ones, which seemed to be because when reviewed shortly after release, the reviewers had a slightly more up to date BIOS from Asus.

Intel's Socket 1151 motherboards have been around since 2015 though, so not really an issue there...