PC to TV random text screen fuzziness blurriness

Sunnydelight

Hi all I have a problem with using my dektop PC with my tv as a monitor(I also have a PC monitor which does nopt display this problem).
When viewing web text or text in programs the text will go fuzzy and then go back again.
This seems to happen as I move the mouse cursor around the screen.
If the mouse is in a certian position on the screen say over some text and the screen is fuzzy and I then move the mouse away from this position then back again, this will then causes the fuzziness to disappear then reappear.
Thankyou in advance for any advice on this issue.

(I used to have an atom based mini pc with a plasma tv on HDMI that used to do a similar thing but the fuzziness seemed to just be random and always was exactly the same so might have been the tv.)

Setup Includes

DESKTOP PC Windows 10-64bit

MSI GTX 1080 gaming X - latest drivers from nvidia

Via HDMI cable to TV - Panasonic TX-58DX902B = FUZZINESS

and a benq 24 inch 16.9 pc monitor via a DP to VGA cable = NO FUZZINESS

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all I have a problem with using my dektop PC with my tv as a monitor(I also have a PC monitor which does nopt display this problem).
When viewing web text or text in programs the text will go fuzzy and then go back again.
This seems to happen as I move the mouse cursor around the screen.
If the mouse is in a certian position on the screen say over some text and the screen is fuzzy and I then move the mouse away from this position then back again, this will then causes the fuzziness to disappear then reappear.

(I used to have an atom based mini pc with a plasma tv on HDMI that used to do a similar thing but the fuzziness seemed to just be random and always was exactly the same so might have been the tv.)

Setup Includes

DESKTOP PC Windows 10-64bit

MSI GTX 1080 gaming X - latest drivers from nvidia

That’s an issue with the TV rather than the PC graphics output as you’ve proved by the image being fine when connected to the pc monitor.

Only thing I can think is that the graphics card is trying to output at too high refresh rate, do you have it configured to output at high hz for the monitor and then swap it directly to the tv, or are they connected simultaneously via different outputs?

Have no idea what to advise, there’s a thread here on the tv that may offer some ideas:

https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-tx-58-dx902B-dx900-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-tv-review.12278

Last edited:

Sunnydelight

That’s an issue with the TV rather than the PC graphics output as you’ve proved by the image being fine when connected to the pc monitor.

Only thing I can think is that the graphics card is trying to output at too high refresh rate, do you have it configured to output at high hz for the monitor and then swap it directly to the tv, or are they connected simultaneously via different outputs?

Have no idea what to advise, there’s a thread here on the tv that may offer some ideas:

https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-tx-58-dx902B-dx900-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-tv-review.12278

Hi thanks for the advice I have just posted on AV forums.
Here is a revised version of the problem which is slightly different and more detailed than my original posting.

Panasonic TX-58DX902B
MSI GTX 1080 gaming X

Hi all I have a problem using my desktop PC with a 4K Panasonic LED TV as a monitor at 1080p resolution.
(I also have a 1080p PC monitor which does not display this problem).

This issue appears when running the 4K TV at 1080p but is not present at 2160p

This will happen if for example a line of text is selected in a program window the screen text will go fuzzy/blurry all over the screen. If the selected line is moved up or down or a different line is selected the text will become clear again
The same thing happens when browser and program windows are moved to different positions on the screen.

Setup Includes

DESKTOP PC Windows 10 64 bit with MSI GTX 1080 gaming X GPU - latest drivers from nvidia as of posting

PSU - Corsair RMi Series RM850i ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Gold 850 W

Last edited:

Sunnydelight

Hi Both the screens are connected at the same time. The TV is on a HDMI to HDMI both are running at 60hz 1080p but the tv is a 4K 2160p native resolution panasonic LED.
This does not happen at 2160p native resolution.

Thankyou for the help

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Both the screens are connected at the same time. The TV is on a HDMI to HDMI both are running at 60hz 1080p but the tv is a 4K 2160p native resolution panasonic LED.
This does not happen at 2160p native resolution.

Thankyou for the help

Not sure I’m afraid, out of interest, why do you want to reduce the output to the tv to 1080p?