Advice with 2k - 4k monitor

Poveey

Hi all!

Just bought the Acer eb321hqu 31.5" ips monitor and it has come with a couple marks on it so I may send it back but In the back of my mind I've been thinking about getting a refund and going for a 2k monitor that has 144hz and 1ms speed rather then the 60hz and 4ms on the one I just bought but I'd be better off getting a IPS panel no? Also been debating going for monitor which would be a lot better then the 2k of course?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
What's your budget for the monitor, what system are you pairing it with, and what are you using the system/monitor for?

Poveey

Well I have just been looking at these two 4k monitors.

LG 27UD69P 27"
ACER H277HKsmipuz 27" both are IPS and 4k so I would say £389 mark not great I know but I play xbox one and really only total war on pc which may change to more.

I've got....

AMD FX 8350 (8 X 4.0 GHZ - TURBO 4.2 GHZ
Geforce GTX 760 which I'm looking at changing at some point
2TB seagate

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you intend to game at 1440p you're going to need a vastly better GPU, nevermind 4k. A 760 is moderate at best even for 1080p gaming.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
That aren't too expensive? No such thing tbh.

A GTX 1070 would be the minimum for 1440p in my opinion (though some people do game at 1440p with an RX 580 / GTX 1060...). But total war titles are very demanding. For 4k, a 1080 ti.

New graphics cards are being released in the coming months. Perhaps better to save up and revisit then? And stick to 1080p gaming on your existing graphics card in the meantime.