Opinions on changing some components

Poveey

Hi all!

I had my custom built PC made back in 2013 so it's old! Which I had no idea what I was choosing at the time haha. I'm a console gamer but I love to play total war on the PC. But i'am going to be getting a new graphics card at some point as I'm buying a 4k monitor mainly for my Xbox but of course I'll be using it for my PC unless I stick with my boring IPS 1080P one.

Any experienced people know what I should upgrade if I'm to get a new GPU.

Processor: AMD FX-9370 EIGHT CORE CPU (4.4GHz-4.7Ghz/16MB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 (DDR3)
Memory: 16GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz
GPU- 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760
Hard drive: 2TB 3.5 SATA-lll 6GB HDD 7200RPM.
Power Supply: CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The case should fit any gaming GPU going and the PSu should be fine for any single card setup.

The CPU is old and relatively weak (those silly FX-9xxx CPUs never stacked very well against Intel i7s even at the time, despite the outrageous power consumption etc). However, gaming at 4k, the CPU is less important since you're going to be heavily GPU bound anyway. So for most titles your FX CPU is probably alright.

If you decide you want a new CPU, you'd also need a new motherboard and new RAM and possibly a new Windows licence too.

What is your total budget for your monitor and PC component upgrades? And when will you be buying the monitor and the GPU?

Poveey

Within the next 2 weeks I'll have my new monitor which is around £310-340 these are the reduced prices. GPU is no rush. As long as I have one before TW:Three kingdoms but I'm not willing to pay loads as I don't play lots of PC gaming and when I do it's only Total war. I also don't mind playing on highish settings. I'm not fussed about maxed settings.