Corsair MR850X not in stock

Zetine

Hey guys, just to let you know I'm quite new here, so if I have entered this thread into the wrong category then I am sorry :sweatdrop:
Also, I did not make this to have a dig at the PCS support or the RMA team, their replies have been quick and as informative as they probably could be, and I was very happy with the whole ordering service that they provided.

My PC had to be sent back after only a month due to a power failure, and after receiving my RMA on the 31st May, they discovered the fault lied in the PSU, and had to be replaced.

Due to no replacements being in stock, they said they would expect a delivery within 1-2 working days (this was on the 31st May). After waiting this long I emailed again to see what was happening, and they replied quite quickly stating that they were still awaiting a shipment, and that it had been delayed.

Good afternoon. Apologies for the delay on this RMA. Stock was expected much sooner to continue the repair. I will have an accurate ETA for you tomorrow as to when the shipment will arrive. Thank you for your time
(received on 11th June)

Still have no ETA, and am unsure how long it might be until they are able to get my PSU back in stock. I understand that they have little control over this, I'm just concerned as I'm currently undergoing exams and to be able to revise on a PC would be so much better than my cracked, small phone screen :sweatdrop:
Wondering if there was any solution in order to try and resolve this a little quicker, this might sound dumb but I wouldn't even paying a bit extra for a different PSU that was compatible. Sounds desperate, but this computer was my first and means a hell of a lot, as I'm sure you are all aware, I guess being without it for nearly 3 weeks now is making me go a little crazy.

Thanks in advance xoxo

EDIT : I just noticed then when attempting to place an order which includes the RM850X, it states that the ETA for resupply is 30/6. That is a real pain, as next week my gf is going away with her mates for a week, and I'd planned (when my computer was sitting comfortably in my room) to do a solid gaming week with the boys, so it would break mine and their hearts if I couldn't attend. Eh, I know it's a little sad, but hey ho.

Last edited:

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Have you given PCS a call (phone rather than email) to explain the situation (especially around revision)? There may be something they can do to provide an alternative PSU?

Worth asking, at the very least.

Zetine

Not yet, but that is something I will try today. Currently at work but will give them a ring during my lunch break. Thanks :)

Zetine

Gave them a ring and the person on the phone said he would check with the RMA team to see if the next PSU up would fit.
That was yesterday. Received a phone call and email today from the same person, with the payment option for the 1000W upgrade, costing £20.

Very happy :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Gave them a ring and the person on the phone said he would check with the RMA team to see if the next PSU up would fit.
That was yesterday. Received a phone call and email today from the same person, with the payment option for the 1000W upgrade, costing £20.

Very happy :)

Awesome! And an amazing PSU even if it’s over what you require.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I can't really say I'd find that experience satisfactory. Sounds like they failed to update you at least once, and because they can't supply the part are charging you for an upgrade you don't need but are willing to buy because you have exams and need the PC. Sitting on the PC for a month because they are waiting on a part is a bit substandard (assuming ETA of 30th June is the alternative). :/

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As above. The upgrade should be offered for free and it should also have been offered as soon as there was no imminent alternative.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I can't really say I'd find that experience satisfactory. Sounds like they failed to update you at least once, and because they can't supply the part are charging you for an upgrade you don't need but are willing to buy because you have exams and need the PC. Sitting on the PC for a month because they are waiting on a part is a bit substandard (assuming ETA of 30th June is the alternative). :/

Have to agree with that entirely. Doesn't sit well with me that they want you to pay to resolve something that's not your problem.

When I suggested calling, it was with the hope that they'd do some kind of goodwill gesture.

Zetine

I guess, I would of liked to have more recent updates throughout the whole ordeal, as I did feel like I was almost bugging them every time I had sent an email asking about the ETA for the replacement PSU, as everytime they stated a date when they were expecting the shipment, I would hear nothing until a few days later after I chased it up. I get that there isn't much they could of done about a shortage of stock, if anything to be offered the option to change my PSU rather than me suggest it would of been nice /:

At the end of the day it's not mine or their fault, it's the supplier. As much as I would like an improved PSU for free, its not at the fault of PCS that their resupply was delayed, so they've met my expectations. I obviously wouldn't complain about any goodwill gestures, but I don't feel cheated out of my money.

Zetine

Just been authorised for dispatch now anyway, I'll just be happy that I have it now rather than in another 2 weeks time.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
In your position I might be minded to ask if they could review refunding the payment. On the one hand it's only £20. But on the other it's not your fault they don't have parts or have an estimated 1 month wait for an RM850x.