No fans detected

peeps4321

I have an Asus Maximus IX Hero board and it has all been working fine for almost 8 months. All of a sudden the temperature spiked to about 88 degrees and all the fans went to maximum even though it was idle and in a room temp of about 19. When I rebooted I got the post error message "CPU Fan speed error detected". When I checked the software it says there are no fans connected.

My system is water-cooled, don't know if that is important. I have the cooler: Corsair H100i V2

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advanced.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have an Asus Maximus IX Hero board and it has all been working fine for almost 8 months. All of a sudden the temperature spiked to about 88 degrees and all the fans went to maximum even though it was idle and in a room temp of about 19. When I rebooted I got the post error message "CPU Fan speed error detected". When I checked the software it says there are no fans connected.

My system is water-cooled, don't know if that is important. I have the cooler: Corsair H100i V2

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advanced.

On that cooler, it has a USB header that comes off the heatsink which feeds pump speeds and fan speeds. It sounds like either the USB port it's plugged into, or something on the cooler has failed. I would open it up, and try the cooler USB in another header, see if that helps.