Monitor recommendations

Zetine

Looking to upgrade from a 60hz monitor to something a little better

Just recently got my hands on a 1080ti so hardware limitations is not too much of an issue. It's mainly money that is the problem.

Don't really want to spend too much (not really anything over £300, could stretch a tiny bit), but wondering what would be the best monitor for this amount of money. It would be used for mainly gaming by the way.
Seen some 144hz HD monitors for around £200, are these worth it, or is it worth spending a bit more for a better quality?

Cheers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Looking to upgrade from a 60hz monitor to something a little better

Just recently got my hands on a 1080ti so hardware limitations is not too much of an issue. It's mainly money that is the problem.

Don't really want to spend too much (not really anything over £300, could stretch a tiny bit), but wondering what would be the best monitor for this amount of money. It would be used for mainly gaming by the way.
Seen some 144hz HD monitors for around £200, are these worth it, or is it worth spending a bit more for a better quality?

Cheers

With a 1080ti is definitely recommend 1440p 144hz with GSync, but your budget would have to be more like £500

Zetine

With a 1080ti is definitely recommend 1440p 144hz with GSync, but your budget would have to be more like £500

That's the thing, I know to get the best out of my GPU I need to go to that kind of level, is there a large noticable difference (enough to compensate £300 difference) between a 1080p and a 1440p? And also what is the difference between G-Sync and Free-Sync?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's the thing, I know to get the best out of my GPU I need to go to that kind of level, is there a large noticable difference (enough to compensate £300 difference) between a 1080p and a 1440p? And also what is the difference between G-Sync and Free-Sync?

Night and day between 1080p and 1440p, seriously 1080p is totally redundant on a 1080ti.

FreeSync works with AMD GPU's and GSync works with NVidia's.

Zetine

Night and day between 1080p and 1440p, seriously 1080p is totally redundant on a 1080ti.

FreeSync works with AMD GPU's and GSync works with NVidia's.

Right okay, well thanks for the info, guess I'll start saving a little more.
Is it against the Forum Rules to give any recommendations as to possible 1440p 144hz monitors? Just don't want to spend any unnecessary money.

EDIT : Just saw the monitor you have on your spec and that comes at around £400, which is reachable. Again, this might conflict with PCS Forum rules, but would you recommend?

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Right okay, well thanks for the info, guess I'll start saving a little more.
Is it against the Forum Rules to give any recommendations as to possible 1440p 144hz monitors? Just don't want to spend any unnecessary money.

EDIT : Just saw the monitor you have on your spec and that comes at around £400, which is reachable. Again, this might conflict with PCS Forum rules, but would you recommend?

It’s fine to recommend monitors... and yes, if you can find the dell one (not the Acer as that’s 4K, although still doable with a gtx1080ti) it’s a superb monitor for the price, really good.