new defiance v

Hi

received my new laptop defiance v, so far so good but I'm having an error message everytime I logon on windows. It shows "not possible to open XTU3SERVICE" and can't access the control center either. everytime i open it, it automatically shuts downs.

Anyone could give some help on this?

thanks

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Perhaps Clevo Control centre isn't properly installed. XTU will be the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. I wouldn't expect it to be on the system brand new from PCS but perhaps the control centre has it packaged these days(?).

I'd check the downloads section of your PCS account for the Clevo Control Centre. If it's not there, go to the Clevo driver downloads site and look up your chassis (the clevo chassis model is on the underside of the laptop).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you ordered the laptop without windows, you'll need to install your own windows from scratch as the test environment PCS install is not designed to be run.

can anyone tell me how long is battery suppose to last? mine fully charged last around 2 hours until I need to charge again which does not sound right. anyone else having same problem? this is for defiance v 17.3

cheers

Thanks for both replies. Actually I did that on the same night, downloaded the control center and made a "repair" and after was everything working fine and error message not longer came.

The other thing I notice is battery does not seem to last long. I know this laptops are not famous for having good battery life but I would expect at least up to 4/5 hours and I getting maximum 2.5 hours just for using chrome or playing FM 18 or using youtube. Is this normal ?
cheers

Actually I did that on the same night, downloaded the control center and made a "repair" and after was everything working fine and error message not longer came.

I found it already existed on the hard drive under C:\temp_drivers\Hotkey\setup.exe

Double-clicked that and selected Repair.

Although I downloaded a version of Hotkey from PCS website it was an older version and wouldn't let me install it over a newer version.

SDS

Hi

received my new laptop defiance v, so far so good but I'm having an error message everytime I logon on windows. It shows "not possible to open XTU3SERVICE" and can't access the control center either. everytime i open it, it automatically shuts downs.

Anyone could give some help on this?

thanks

We had exactly the same issue:

Startup Error.png

The full details are shown in the code block below.

Installing the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) ...

XTU3SERVICE.png

... solved the problem, allowing the Control Center utility to run ...

Screenshot (3).png

... and doing away with the embarrassing error message on startup.

For those interested in the gory details, the Control Center utility relies on the Intel XTU service being installed, but rather than checking that it's there, it crashes horribly if it isn't - rather like assuming that the garage door is open and slamming the car into reverse, and being utterly surprised to discover that you've crashed.

Cheers,

Sean.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open XTU3SERVICE service on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GetServiceHandle(Int32 desiredAccess)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateStatus()
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_Status()
   at HkeyTray.Form1.Check_XTU_Service_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3132.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HkeyTray
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.35
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.35
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Hotkey/Hkeytray.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3151.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3160.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
PresentationFramework
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3160.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
System.Xaml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
System.ServiceProcess
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceProcess/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.ServiceProcess.dll
IntelOverclockingSDK
    Assembly Version: 6.4.1.24
    Win32 Version: 6.4.1.24
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Hotkey/IntelOverclockingSDK.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.