New built and delivered PC

Gimberz

Hi all

New to forums, first post! My configured PC below has been built and have had delivery. Very happy with it. As I am into music production and creating DJ mixes as my primary pass time, I wanted a relatively fast PC which was quiet first and foremost. Gaming was only secondary. Hence no water cooling or additional case fans. In addition to the below I added a Behringer UMC 404HD Audio Interface to use for studio quality sound input / output and recording, rather than using the on-board sound on the motherboard. I also purchased a graphics card elsewhere, as wanted the quietest mid range card I could get. Final spec was

Case FRACTAL DEFINE R6 BLACK TEMPERED GLASS QUIET MID-TOWER CASE
Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core™ i5-8600K Six Core (3.6GHz @ up to 4.6GHz)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (purchased elsewhere)
1st Hard Disk 3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
2nd Hard Disk 3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3400MB/R, 2300MB/W)
RAID RAID 1 (MIRRORED VOLUME - 2 x same size & model HDD / SSD)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00002]
Windows Recovery Media Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on DVD
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser Google Chrome™
Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 6 to 8 working days

Total Order Price £1,342.00 plus additional cost of £83 for Audio interface and £232.50 for the graphics card. So full total price was £1657.50

What do you all think?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ticks every box as far as I can see, very well thought out spec. The motherboard is probably overkill but a nice bit of kit regardless. Should serve you well and do the job very well :)

jasonht

this is practically the exact build i want bar the raid on harddrives - do you have pictures of the end product to see what it looks like?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Welcome to the forums jasonht :)

It will look much like any Fractal R6 with a Noctua cooler, so if the OP doesn't reply you can easily find images online.

I'd suggest you also make a new topic for your prospective spec, including your budget and intended use, to get some advice on value :) Also be aware new CPUs and graphics cards are releasing imminently.