Website slow

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've noticed the forum website is painfully slow today (9th July 2018). No other websites (even fora) that I'm using are slow so it's unlikely to be my network. Anyone else struggling today?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've noticed the forum website is painfully slow today (9th July 2018). No other websites (even fora) that I'm using are slow so it's unlikely to be my network. Anyone else struggling today?

Seems ok for me at the moment accessing on my iPhone over home Wi-Fi.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED

First thing to check. Is someone stealing your internet and coughing?

Tony1044

Prolific Poster

Seems ok for me at the moment - accessing from the office right now.

Haha...very good.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Yes! The guy next door. Do you think he's capturing my WiFi signals in transit and modifying them on the fly? That would be clever because I'm Ethernet attached.

Perhaps he's on the same mains phase as me and injecting signals into my PC that way? That would be clever too because I'm the other side of a line interactive UPS.

I did just try unplugging everything, switching off my PC, unplugging from the mains, and wrapping my PC in kitchen foil (as a Faraday Cage - clever huh?). Unfortunately the monitor stayed blank and the keyboard was unresponsive so it wasn't entirely successful...

Seriously though, since others aren't having the same issue (and this is the only website that's gone slow) then perhaps it something on the route from Crete to the UK. Other UK-based fora are fine though. Strange.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've found it and it was me. :stupid:

I use Comodo Internet Security which, amongst a barrage of other security features, is a feature called 'website filtering'. That uses whitelists and blacklists to try to keep your browsing safe. When I turned that feature off all was well with the fora. I've no idea why it would slow the site down rather than block it but I've added this site to the whitelist and all now seems to be fine.....

Security is often a pain in the nether regions.....:shuriken:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've found it and it was me. :stupid:

I use Comodo Internet Security which, amongst a barrage of other security features, is a feature called 'website filtering'. That uses whitelists and blacklists to try to keep your browsing safe. When I turned that feature off all was well with the fora. I've no idea why it would slow the site down rather than block it but I've added this site to the whitelist and all now seems to be fine.....

Security is often a pain in the nether regions.....:shuriken:

Well spotted!