Optimus IX problems

nellau

Hello Everyone,

These are the specs of my new laptop and some errors I have, if you have some suggestions on how to fix them please let me know:

Chassis & Display Optimus Series: 15.6" Matte 4K IPS 60Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (3840x2160)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H (2.2GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 - 6.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Hard Disk Samsung 7200RPM 2TB
1st M.2 SSD Drive 256GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 (560 MB/R, 520 MB/W)
Memory Card Reader Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor 1 x 180W AC Adaptor
Battery Optimus IX Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Thermal Paste COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound Card 2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema 3
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-9260 M.2 (1.73Gbps, 802.11AC) +BT 5.0, vPRO
USB Options 1 x USB 3.0 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating System WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT
Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language

Right from the beginning the Control Centre never worked so I have reinstalled the Windows from Microsoft website clean it started to work but it has one issue remaining:
Cannot customise the RGB light on the keyboard , Control centre version 2

Screen tethering during video playback on Netflix using different browsers, plus during gaming.
I installed the latest driver from Nvidia website, installed the latest Intel UHD 630 driver for the integrated graphic card, same problem...

Thank you all for any suggestions on how to Fix this. I need to mention the motherboard model: N8XXEP6

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
When you reinstalled Windows did you install ALL the required drivers? In most cases you can allow Windows Update to find and install the right drivers for you, but you can also get all the latest drivers for your laptop from the Clevo download site at http://clevo.com/clevo_down.asp?lang=en.

AFAIK you will need Control Centre installed to be able to customise the keyboard lights, and for a whole bunch of other features too.

DiO

Hi Nellau,
I have an Optimus N871EK Capture.JPG
On the DVD drivers I have the Control Centre v1.0.16 and for Card reader driver version 10.0.16299.21304.
The Control Centre was not saving the changes I was doing in settings and the card reader was not detecting an 128GB SDXC card.
I replaced the two of them as follows: Control Centre v1.0.47 and Card reader driver version 10.0.17134.21306, both of them found on the Clevo website.
Now they are working well.
I hope this helps.
Regards.