Rough price guide - Selling Laptop

cartish16

Hi all

Just wondering if anybody could offer up some advise.
Im selling my old gaming laptop that was purchased from here about 6 years ago

The specs are as follows

Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 90GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
Change to: 120GB HyperX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLUE WD7500BPVT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 8MB CACHE (5400 rpm)
1st M.2 SSD Drive NONE
RAID NONE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive SONY BC-5550H 4x BLURAY COMBO DRIVE & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE (£59)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Battery Vortex Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)
Power Cable 1 x UK Power Lead & 220W AC Adaptor
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N130 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Firewire/Thunderbolt 1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT
Keyboard Language INTEGRATED BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Operating System NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

polycrac

Rising Star
It is hard to get a great price for old electronics (you almost always only upgrade when it is no longer worth keeping anyway!)

I'd try Ebay or gumtree but be aware that you might get more by stripping out the parts and selling them individually.

Look at other listings for a guide, but you could even find that the time and effort taken to sell for a low price means its as worthwhile to gift it to family/friends in need instead, the goodwill and karma can be big where the sales price would be small.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
It is hard to get a great price for old electronics (you almost always only upgrade when it is no longer worth keeping anyway!)

I'd try Ebay or gumtree but be aware that you might get more by stripping out the parts and selling them individually.

Look at other listings for a guide, but you could even find that the time and effort taken to sell for a low price means its as worthwhile to gift it to family/friends in need instead, the goodwill and karma can be big where the sales price would be small.

I tend to pass down my old hardware to family and friends/neighbours (if the latter, always with a "this is free - don't come knocking expecting perpetual technical support" kind of message).

Generally speaking, as polycrac says, once you factor in the hassle of wrapping, taking it to the post office, etc etc, mostly it's just not worth it.