How to remove back case from UltraNote: 15.6"

bagpuss

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right place for this, but here goes nothing.

I was looking to install some additional ram in my UltraNote: 15.6" however I have run into some issues removing the back casing. I have removed all the screws and pryed the case off at the sides, but there seems to be something centrally that is keeping the case from releasing. I've already tried using a bit of force to remove it and anymore feels as though I'm going to damage something inside.

Here's what the back of my laptop looks like.

1ivBRHn.jpg

One of the screw holes has this mysterious symbol above it, don't know what it's supposed to mean. Could it be the final piece to this puzzle???

f4FIsxi.jpg

Any help would be much apprecaited, no doubt it's probably something fairly straightforward.

Thanks.

limbu29

Hi,

I have got exactly the same back cover as yours. I have got ultranote V and was trying to change the SSD on it. I counted 13 screws at the back. It does seem like there is something that is locking the cover at the central part. Have you been able to figure it out already? Thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I agree that phoning PCS is the wisest option, but I suspect that screw holds the keyboard down since that's the symbol next to it.....

limbu29

Thanks all. Apparently there are 3 more screws under the keyboard that needs to be undone to take out the back cover. PCS support were super helpful to give out the detailed instruction explaining the process.

Keyboard1.jpg

I hope this saves time for anybody running into the same issue.