Wireless internet freezes for a few seconds without disconnecting.

Killer(R) Wireless-AC 1550 Wireless Network Adapter (9260NGW)
System Model DefianceV 17 QHD I9

I get a momentary freeze. No network activity. The internet never disconnects and I don't always (although I do SOMETIMES) get booted out of the game I'm playing.
This happens at work, at my Dad's house and at my home so isn't related to the internet, it's internal.
This doesn't happen on ethernet.

I've done a /sfc scannow
I've updated the driver.

Any thoughts?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Nice troubleshooting. :)

We know then that it's a problem with your laptop and that it's only when on WiFi. You've updated to the latest WiFi driver but (as a long shot) it might be worth checking whether there is a chipset driver update available for your laptop.

It would be worth checking that old chestnut of power management, so make sure the 'Allow Windows to turn this device off' is unchecked for your wireless card.

I don't have that card so I don't know how much control you have at the card level, but it would be worth checking/changing the following...

If you have an option called 'Multimedia/Gaming Environment' make sure it's set to Enabled. I'm not completely clear on exactly what this does because it's not an official standard.

Turn roaming sensitivity off. This setting controls whether the card switches to a stronger signal nearby and you (probably) don't want it even trying to do that.

If your wireless card lets you modify the receive buffer sizes then set them to the maximum allowed. This will use more RAM but should improve the throughput of the card (and this might be what the Multimedia/Gaming Environment setting does).

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Might also be worth checking if the advanced settings of the card allow you to change the MTU. Most wireless routers use 1500 but I've seen cards set to lower and it can cause issues.

Not likely but worth a view.