15th working day and still in pre-production

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm such an impatient person if mine gets to that waiting stage I may go mad lol
Due to high demand around covid, it’s pretty common these days. Also if you have any pre-order parts that could delay the build too. If you show us your full spec we could see if there might be any hold ups and able to give you a rough estimate (how to post your build here)

Sophboph

Thinking of changing my order from the 3060 to the 3060Ti, but the Ti item is greyed. I'm guessing that normally a greyed item would mean out of stock, but if it's pre-order and greyed, what does that mean?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thinking of changing my order from the 3060 to the 3060Ti, but the Ti item is greyed. I'm guessing that normally a greyed item would mean out of stock, but if it's pre-order and greyed, what does that mean?
From posts I've seen recently they aren't expecting any more 3060Ti in a hurry (mid June)

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I assume it’s greyed due to high popularity (and they’ve limited it so they can get back on track) or a lack of stock they’re receiving, although more likely to be a mix of both. This is a good thread to track how long the wait for 3060TI cards are. The card you pick also depends a lot on what monitor you have. For gaming (which is the majority of use cases we see here), if you have a 1080p (apart from 240hz) a 3060 would be perfectly fine and the upgrade is pointless, if you have a 1440p monitor then it’s probably best to upgrade to a 3060TI if you can before your order is built.

If you’d like us to check over your build (which I’d highly suggest) then post your full build (how to is in my previous comment) along with your budget, use case and monitor (either make and model or resolution and refresh rate)

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Does anyone know if there is a stock issues with the Ryzen 5600x CPU and 1660 Super GPU?
The 5600X doesn't have stock issues, or if it does they aren't seemingly big enough to impact wait times.

The 1660 Super doesn't either but as they don't make them anymore, stock has effectively dried up so it's becoming more and more difficult to find them. That means they could run out at any point and if they don't have enough to fill your order, you might be in for a wait, or a more expensive GPU. I guess that does mean there's stock issues with the 1660S, it just depends how lucky you are with the stockt they do have.

Also worth noting that PCS doesn't allocate stock to orders until it's your turn for the build slot.

Citrus_9

Expert
Does anyone know if there is a stock issues with the Ryzen 5600x CPU and 1660 Super GPU?
No, definitely not so significant as newer generation GPUs. CPU supply seems to be better than GPU, especially 5600X isn't as hard to get as it was just a few months back.

Sepnowr

The 5600X doesn't have stock issues, or if it does they aren't seemingly big enough to impact wait times.

The 1660 Super doesn't either but as they don't make them anymore, stock has effectively dried up so it's becoming more and more difficult to find them. That means they could run out at any point and if they don't have enough to fill your order, you might be in for a wait, or a more expensive GPU. I guess that does mean there's stock issues with the 1660S, it just depends how lucky you are with the stockt they do have.

Also worth noting that PCS doesn't allocate stock to orders until it's your turn for the build slot.
Thanks for this info, so it could mean when they come to build and they’re out of stock of said GPU there will be even more delays? When I ordered it wasn’t on pre order and it said it was in stock. Is this accurate?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks for this info, so it could mean when they come to build and they’re out of stock of said GPU there will be even more delays? When I ordered it wasn’t on pre order and it said it was in stock. Is this accurate?
Kind of? They won't put an order into build if they don't have all the parts meaning you'd have to wait for the next delivery if they run out of cards before your slot is up. The 1660S' don't go on pre-order as they can't guarantee stock but this batch has lasted a while so hopefully they'll have enough stock to cover your order.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It was accurate when you ordered, but there will be a lot of people ahead of you in the queue who will have used up that stock.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
It was accurate when you ordered, but there will be a lot of people ahead of you in the queue who will have used up that stock.
Also, people ahead of you in the queue may well be amending their orders right up to the build date. This makes it impossible to forecast exactly what will be in stock when you get to the top of the queue.