Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

micheltrump

I have an issue with my internet connection any expert here who can help to fix this issue. Actually, whenever I on the PC there is no internet access shown at the bottom right corner with a yellow exclamatory mark & when I click on it, it shows an error message "Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration" I googled it many times and tried many solutions but none of them worked well. Please help me to fix this issue ASAP.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
First off, welcome to the fora! :)

Has this Ethernet connection worked in the past or has it never worked?

Can you connect to your router (and to the Internet) from other devices (tablets, phones, etc.)?

Are you sure the Ethernet cable is fully plugged in to the right port on your PC and the right port on your router?

If the above is ok, then on your PC click Start and then Run, in the Run box enter ncpa.cpl and click Ok, this will display the Network Connections window. Right click on your Ethernet adapter icon and select Properties, in the new dialog that opens scroll down the box in the middle until you see the 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' entry - ensure this is checked. Click on the 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' entry to select it and then click the Properties button. In the dialog that opens make sure that the two radio buttons 'Obtain an IP address automatically' and 'Obtain DNS server address automatically' are both selected. Click OK on all dialogs and then close Network Connections.

Can you connect now?

Status
Not open for further replies.