Problem with configuration page?

Mikelo

Since yesterday, I've not been able to press 'Proceed' when configurating a new PC with the Corsair hi115 pro all in one cooler. Keep getting the message:

Checking your specification...

We've checked your specification for compatibility. Please see our suggestions below:

Unfortunately, due to the CPU Cooler, we are unable to fit the Fan Controller Kit, if you wish to purchase a Fan Controller, then please change the CPU Cooler.

Surely this must be a site bug??

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Not necessarily, the configurator is usually good at checking these sorts of thing. Give PCS a phone call to check.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Since yesterday, I've not been able to press 'Proceed' when configurating a new PC with the Corsair hi115 pro all in one cooler. Keep getting the message:

Checking your specification...

We've checked your specification for compatibility. Please see our suggestions below:

Unfortunately, due to the CPU Cooler, we are unable to fit the Fan Controller Kit, if you wish to purchase a Fan Controller, then please change the CPU Cooler.

Surely this must be a site bug??

Are you sure it's not the case you've picked? Some of them come with Fan controllers?

Mikelo

No. It's only been like this since yesterday. Have been playing with the configuration for weeks (same case Corsair Obsedian 500d and h115i pro) with little tweaks. I must have broken it.

Ps.. fan controller not selected. 3 x Corsair 120 LL RGB s are selected though.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
No. It's only been like this since yesterday. Have been playing with the configuration for weeks (same case Corsair Obsedian 500d and h115i pro) with little tweaks. I must have broken it.

...or PCS have changed the configurator based on their building experiences...? Try a different browser to see whether you broke it.

Mikelo

Ok... I removed the Corsair / Coolermaster RGB fans options and it works, so does including 1 or 2 basic fans.
But that really sucks. Why no rgb option?? It's not that big a deal to install the lighting node pro.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The controller is stuck onto the inside of the case with double-sided tape afaik. I suppose the 280mm radiator makes their preferred placement no longer possible...

You could phone them, ask, and let us know what they say.

To be honest, I'm not sure you really want to buy that case with those RGB fans.

The 500D has an aluminium front panel such that you won't be able to see the fans from the front:
https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/obsidian-500d-case

This is why Corsair have a special version with a glass front panel and RGB fans included I suppose:
https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...RGB-SE-Premium-Mid-Tower-Case/p/CC-9011139-WW

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Also the 9000 series Intel CPUs are so close to release now that if you've been looking at this for weeks you might as well hold off.

Mikelo

I was going to ask to put the rad at the front with its 2 x 140mm ML's. Then put 2 x LLs at the top and one at the back.

True, worth holding off for the next gen and z390 mobo's but still, no harm in checking out the configuration. ;-)
Yes I know the SE rgb version but I prefer the sleek stealth look of the standard one.

Last edited: