Gaming PC - 4K gaming!

marwhi

I've had a message telling me the 11mb 2080 ti card is out of stock. They recommend going down to an 8mb one which would give me a refund of £347.

I wonder what the consensus is regarding this. How much of a downgrade would this be in terms of performance? Would it be worth waiting?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've had a message telling me the 11mb 2080 ti card is out of stock. They recommend going down to an 8mb one which would give me a refund of £347.

I wonder what the consensus is regarding this. How much of a downgrade would this be in terms of performance? Would it be worth waiting?

So that’s going from the ti to the 2080, big step down, basically 1080 ti performance.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Stick to the 2080 ti for a build of this budget. The 2080 ti was delayed by a week by Nvidia so hopefully by 27th it should be available. In fact the configurator says:

Please note that the following products are not currently in stock and may possibly delay your order. We suggest you select an alternative product unless you are prepared to wait for these item(s) to arrive back into stock:

11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - GTX VR Ready! (ETA: 27-09-2018)

marwhi

Hey guys,

I ordered a DVD drive for this and I can seem to find it. Am I just being thick or is there some kind of secret compartment on this case?

Case NZXT PHANTOM 410 WHITE GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Six Core (3.7GHz @ up to 4.8GHz)
OC BIOS FIle Download Overclock BIOS File
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - GTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive 3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3400MB/R, 2500MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW & SOFTWARE
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Pop the front door open :)

large_0f80b80e44acbc1c.png

https://www.nzxt.com/products/phantom-410-white

I don't know about this case specifically but they're usually held closed with magnets so you can just gently pull it open.

How's the PC doing generally, hidden compartments aside?

marwhi

Ah thanks :sweatdrop:

I was curious about this area but didn't want to pry too hard and potentially break it. There's a little slot in the middle so just get a slot head screwdriver and gently pry the thing open.

All in all, very impressive although had a few issues with icons randomly disappearing in Windows Explorer. This usually corrects after a restart or two. I put these kinds of issues down to an overclocked bios which I've never used before. Great machine.