Difficulty installing linux

ErCapitan

Hi everyone!

I received my new laptop a few days ago, and I have tried to install linux on it but I can't. I tried ubuntu 18.04, ubuntu 18.04.1, ubuntu 16 LTS, Mint 19 and Antergos 18.9. In the installation process on ubuntu and mint, the system freezes. On Antergos, is the installer, cnchi, which freezes, but not the whole liveusb as ubuntu or mint. What can I do? Any ideas?
My laptop is the Lafite III with the following specs:

i7 8550U
8 GB DDR4
Intel HD Graphics 610/620
500GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD

Thanks in the advance!!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
People with the first clue about Linux will be able to give much better advice than me, but in your position I would try installing Windows 10 to see if that works. If it works, the hardware's probably fine. If it doesn't work there may be an issue with the laptop or with the USB pen you are using to install the OS

ErCapitan

People with the first clue about Linux will be able to give much better advice than me, but in your position I would try installing Windows 10 to see if that works. If it works, the hardware's probably fine. If it doesn't work there may be an issue with the laptop or with the USB pen you are using to install the OS

I have windows 10 and it works fine and I have tried with different usb pendrives but I obtain the same result, so I guess it's a problem with linux.

Stephen M

Author Level
There is a thread on Github which may help: https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/745

Have you tried things like going with "nomodeset". I have got Debian to work in the past on machines that struggled with other distros, although if you try that I would go for Debian 9 "Stretch" the non free version, it saves looking for wifi drivers etc.