400 Budget Gaming Desktop{without monitor just core PC}

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi i am looking for a gaming PC and i have a budget of 400. I would rather have Better FPS in games and sacrifice Graphics.

You won’t be able to build a gaming PC for that money, you’d get better results from a console at that budget, really need to be looking at £650 as a minimum just for the tower.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Get a console.

I'm not being sarcastic unfortunately, for that kind of cash you're not going to get a gaming PC. Any PC you do get will be under the minimum requirements for many modern titles. Unless you get very lucky finding something 2nd hand.

If you think about it:
Windows: £90
Case: £25
PSU of sufficient quality to not burn down your house with your family in it: £30
Motherboard: £50
8gb RAM: £50+
Basic HDD: £35+

Those are very rough prices, but the point is that even with some of the cheapest components possible you've already spent £300 or so before you get around to allocating budget to the GPU and CPU, which are the parts that influence games performance / whether you can run games at all.

And if you did buy a PC based around really cheap components it would just cost you more in the long run as you need to replace parts in order to handle upgrades (e.g. PSU).

Versus a PS4 that you can get for £250, probably less.

A gaming PC for entry level gaming is going to be at least £500, more if you're trying to get a balanced and somewhat upgradable system.