ULTRANOTE 14" laptop

Pengwyn44

The Ultranote arrived safely and quickly. It was very carefully packaged. I ordered it to come without an operating system, but of necessity from PCS point of view Windows 10 was pre-loaded.
Windows 10 behaves in such a way that the option to use the UEFI screen does not appear at start up. It is this kind of practice that encourages people to not want to use Windows 10.
However after turning the computer off and on a few times, the option to enter the UEFI screen came up. Using UEFI the boot menu was changed to enable the first boot to be from the external DVD drive (supplied by PCS). I then used a Linux program via the external DVD drive to reformat the the hard drive, thus removing all trace of Windows. (Strictly speaking this was not absolutely necessary because the Ubuntu program can do it. However I like to do it that way.) After that it was a simple matter to install Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) as the operating system via the external DVD drive.
In the past there have been occasions when a Linux OS did not perform perfectly on a laptop computer. However Linux programmers have now virtually eliminated those problems. In my case every aspect of the Ultranote works perfectly using the latest Ubuntu OS. Unlike the Windows user, I do not have to register the programs, nor purchase them. Nor do I have to download drivers for the peripherals to work. All PCS has to do to become the perfect supplier for people like me would be to remove Windows after their testing is complete. In my opinion PCS cannot be beaten for value for money.