Windows 10 1809 out

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Genuinely quite surprised it's back so soon, and with relatively little fanfare. Anyone feeling brave?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Genuinely quite surprised it's back so soon, and with relatively little fanfare. Anyone feeling brave?

It's going in on my PCS laptop as we speak. I installed it without issue this morning but then decided it was time to switch from MBR to UEFI so I've just done the disk conversion and it's clean installing again into a UEFI/GPT partition right now....

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I'd be interested to hear from the first souls brave enough to do an in-place upgrade :)

See if their files survive the experience.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The UEFI install went just fine too - and I've not lost any files using KFR either (but I didn't last time either). I've installed most of my typical apps and all seems well, I've had no issues at all really.

I will be clean installing 1809 on my desktop PC sometime at the weekend too. I wouldn't recommend anyone to upgrade in place TBH, I've never ever been a fan....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The UEFI install went just fine too - and I've not lost any files using KFR either (but I didn't last time either). I've installed most of my typical apps and all seems well, I've had no issues at all really.

I will be clean installing 1809 on my desktop PC sometime at the weekend too. I wouldn't recommend anyone to upgrade in place TBH, I've never ever been a fan....

I’ll do it on my laptop tonight and if all smooth, I’ll do desktop tomorrow.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
FWIW 1809 clean installed on my PCS desktop PC with no issues at all, I let Windows Update find all the drivers (and it did). All my third party software is reinstalled and there are no issues whatsoever - but then there weren't with the first 1809 build either. :)

BTW. I learned something too, from a post by Shepard, you all probably know this already but it was new to me. In the past after deleting all partitions on the system drive I've always created a new partition(s) and formatted the Windows partition before moving on. This time, and following Shepard's advice, I simply highlighted the unallocated space and clicked Next - and it was all done automatically. You live and learn. Thanks for that! :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
FWIW 1809 clean installed on my PCS desktop PC with no issues at all, I let Windows Update find all the drivers (and it did). All my third party software is reinstalled and there are no issues whatsoever - but then there weren't with the first 1809 build either. :)

BTW. I learned something too, from a post by Shepard, you all probably know this already but it was new to me. In the past after deleting all partitions on the system drive I've always created a new partition(s) and formatted the Windows partition before moving on. This time, and following Shepard's advice, I simply highlighted the unallocated space and clicked Next - and it was all done automatically. You live and learn. Thanks for that! :)

Just clean installed on my PCS laptop, went without a hitch, no problems whatsoever.

Did an in place update on my PC, so far no issues, but will know for sure when I try some gaming.