CPU bottleneck

I know its an old rig but this shouldnt be a problem. I had gt 220 paired with my q9300 (2.5ghz), 6gb ram. So i knew there was i bottleneck and i bought hd 5750 7-8 days ago. And problems started showing. I cant play literally anything its impossible. CPU is 95-100% all the time when the gpu is about 50-60%. I disabled all startup programs so there is nothing in the background. I saw people pairing gtx 750, gt 1030 (which are much more powerful gpus) and there is not as much bottleneck as i have. Also, when i go to bottleneck calculator it shows that this gpu is too slow for my cpu (100% gpu bottleneck) i really dont know wtf is going here :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I know its an old rig but this shouldnt be a problem. I had gt 220 paired with my q9300 (2.5ghz), 6gb ram. So i knew there was i bottleneck and i bought hd 5750 7-8 days ago. And problems started showing. I cant play literally anything its impossible. CPU is 95-100% all the time when the gpu is about 50-60%. I disabled all startup programs so there is nothing in the background. I saw people pairing gtx 750, gt 1030 (which are much more powerful gpus) and there is not as much bottleneck as i have. Also, when i go to bottleneck calculator it shows that this gpu is too slow for my cpu (100% gpu bottleneck) i really dont know wtf is going here :D

Did you use DDU to clear out your old drivers?

Yes, and checked if my rams are in dual channel, and turned off any startup programs, and downloaded all drivers... I'm running out of ideas

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The Windows Resource Monitor will show you what's using your CPU in real time. The Task Manager will show you who's using CPU cycles too...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
https://prnt.sc/l3kg8j

https://prnt.sc/l3kh32

The rest on res monitor is just a google chrome..

In both of those examples your CPU usage is negligible (1% in the first and 3% in the second) so I'm sorry but I don't see any problem there.

Looking at the Resource Monitor graphs...

You're not paging so your RAM is not under stress.

Your hard disk appears to under some pressure and that will certainly slow things down, so that's where I'd be looking for problems.

I told you that nothing is in the background, idk maybe i should flash bios its from fking 2008, latest is about 2015 but im scared for damaging motherboard or bricking totally.. About HDD i dont think there is the problem cuz i hardly see this LED blinking non-stop. On my old gpu everything was working fine but it was gpu bottleneck then..

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I told you that nothing is in the background, idk maybe i should flash bios its from fking 2008, latest is about 2015 but im scared for damaging motherboard or bricking totally.. About HDD i dont think there is the problem cuz i hardly see this LED blinking non-stop. On my old gpu everything was working fine but it was gpu bottleneck then..

Again, if you're running at max setting or something with AA on full tilt, then of course the computer is going to fall flat.

If you're trying to output to a 1440p monitor again, it's going to fall flat.

Rn im using lp1965 which is 5:4 monitor and max res is 1280x1024, i tried playing on lowest possible settings and highest one it was 1-5 fps difference

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If this means something for you, there you go, btw i have 6gb ram i just took out 2 for testing.

https://pastebin.com/B7abyD3R

I have to say I don't know. Windows 7 sp1 won't play nice on any system that's for sure.

Really the system is very tired. I don't know why you're suddenly getting maxxed out CPU spikes other than the usual suspects of Windows Update issues, out of date drivers etc.

I'd be very surprised if that old a build would have windows 10 drivers in the first place?

Maybe i should go with win 8.1 ? I really dont want to install win 10 again, a lot of unnecessary services, but i dont think thats the problem, cuz i had win 10 before with all updates, i think something is with hardware..

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So far you haven't shown us the problem so it's all guesswork. You have to capture the CPU at 100% load and what process is using it.