two-finger scrolling on touchpad not working

OleStrohm

Hey! I just got my 15.6" Cosmos, and there seems to be couple of problems with my touchpad. The two-finger scrolling does not work, and I none of the fixes I've found so far have worked. There are no driver-specific settings in the mouse settings, and updating the drivers and rebooting do not remedy the problem. This is one of the most useful gestures on a laptop, so any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

The touchpad is a Synaptics SMBus Touchpad.

Thank you in advance!

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey OleStrohm,

Can you post your full spec so I know which chassis it is and then I (or I am sure someone else will look into it :) )

OleStrohm

Chassis & Display Cosmos Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS 60Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H (2.2GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
M.2 SSD Drive 500GB WD Black™ M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3400MB/s R | 2500MB/s W)
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

Here are the specs for the computer. Tell me if you need more data and I'll be happy to oblige. :)

majorsimon

I am having the same issues with my Recoil-II. All other multi-finger gestures work fine, and two-finger scrolling works in few apps only - it seems to work in Windows Settings, Chrome, and Spotify, but not the majority of programs (e.g. VS Code, SublimeText, VMWare, Windows Explorer, etc.). I have applied the SerialIO drivers found in Support here, and I've uninstalled all and let Windows Update install, all to no avail!

Shepard

Enthusiast
Hi OleStrohm
the newest Windows updates seem to undo the touchpad's multi gestures for whatever reason. With some other customers it did help to deinstall the touchpad drivers completly after making sure that all outstanding Windows updates are downloaded and installed. Once the updates are done, deinstall the drivers and by rebooting the system, Windows should automatically install the newest touchpad drivers. Let us know if that helps for you as well.

If Windows doesn't update the drivers, give the support team a ring, as you'll need the synaptics drivers again