How To fix Dreaded Ntoskrnl.Exe BSOD Blue Screen Error

micheltrump

Please help me with the solution to Dreaded Ntoskrnl.Exe BSOD Blue Screen Error actually sometimes my screen becomes blue and I don't know what it is I am getting this again and again and I am not a tech guy and I don't know how to deal with this issue So, let me know the correct procedure how to deal with this.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Please help me with the solution to Dreaded Ntoskrnl.Exe BSOD Blue Screen Error actually sometimes my screen becomes blue and I don't know what it is I am getting this again and again and I am not a tech guy and I don't know how to deal with this issue So, let me know the correct procedure how to deal with this.

9 times out of 10 this issue is due to outdated drivers, you need to make sure all your drivers are up to date.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The ntoskrnl.sys file is the main part of the Windows kernel - the core of the Windows operating system. The kernel code runs in a highly privileged state and can do many things ordinary user code cannot do, so Microsoft developers take extreme care to make sure the kernel code is safe, secure, and reliable. Hardware drivers have to interact with the Windows kernel and so they must run in kernel mode too, unfortunately drivers are usually developed by hardware vendors and not by Microsoft so their reliability is sometimes less than ideal. When a driver bug occurs it's generally not detected until the Windows kernel code gets control, and because the kernel is running in a highly privileged state the usual recovery mechanisms are not available, so there is no alternative but to halt the system and display the Blue Screen Of Death with a stop code to indicate why the system was halted.

It is rare in the extreme for the Windows kernel itself to fail, although it's possible, it's much more likely that the failure was caused by a faulty driver and not detected until the kernel got control. That's why so many BSODs show ntoskrnl.sys as the failing module. Usually a minidump (taken when the BSOD happened) can be used to identify the actual component that failed but in the absence of other clues (if the BSOD happens only in graphically intensive games for example, it's likely to be the graphics driver) your best course of action is to check all your drivers and see whether there are updates available. If there are then install the latest driver.

We might be able to help more if you could identify under what conditions you get the BSOD, what were you doing at the moment it happened for example? It would also be useful to know what the stop code is too, this will be something like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The blue screen isn't displayed for long usually so you'll need to be quick to write it down. :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Both the OP and the follow up poster are spam bots for goodness' sake :/ Just google the text of their posts.

This is very boring trying to filter through this garbage.

And by follow up poster I mean zozaino whose post was deleted, not ubuysa...

Last edited: